In today’s world, organizations rely heavily on information technology (IT) to run their operations. However, the rapid growth of technology has led to increased complexity and challenges for IT departments. As a result, companies are looking for ways to improve efficiency and reduce costs. One way to achieve these goals is to outsource work and take help from managed help desk or service desk services or software applications.
Managed Help Desk vs Service Desk
The managed help desk and service desk are two different things.
The help desk is where you go to get answers to your questions, whereas the service desk is where you go when something goes wrong with a product or system.
The difference between these two departments is that one deals with problems and the other solves those problems.
The main difference between these two departments lies in the fact that they deal with different types of problems.
A help desk handles incoming calls regarding general queries about how to use the product or any problem that has occurred while using it.
On the other hand, the service desk deals with problems that occur after the sale of the product. These include billing errors, installation issues, etc.
A help desk is generally located at the company’s headquarters whereas a service desk is usually placed at the branch offices.
You need to choose a managed services help desk software because it can make or break your business. If you don’t have good help desk software then you won’t be able to effectively manage your customer service and support needs.
You should always look for help desk software that is easy to use, affordable, and offers plenty of features.
Help Desk Service: Definition, Benefits, and Software
The Help Desk is the first point of contact for customers and users. It provides support to all users, whether they are new or existing. The managed IT help desk service includes a knowledge base, technical support, and other services such as software updates.
There are many reasons why you may want to outsource your help desk service.
• You can scale your help desk service quickly. As your business grows, you can easily add more help desk agents.
• You can get the best help desk service at the lowest cost.
• You can rest assured that your help desk service providers will deliver high levels of service.
• You do not have to worry if your help desk service provider will meet deadlines.
• You do not have to deal with any extra paperwork.
• You can focus on running your business instead of managing your help desk service.
How to Choose a Good Help Desk Software?
There are some key things that you must consider when selecting help desk software.
1. What type of help desk software do you need?
Do you require a simple web-based interface or a full-featured desktop application? Do you need a help desk solution that integrates with your CRM system? Will you need a mobile app? Is it important that the help desk software supports multiple platforms (e.g., iOS, Android)?
2. How much time do you have to train your help desk agents?
If you want to invest in training your help desk agents, then you should choose a desktop application. A desktop application is usually easier to learn than a web-based interface.
3. How often do you expect to use your help desk software?
The frequency with which you use your help desk software depends on how often you receive calls. If you receive hundreds of calls per day, then you probably need a highly functional desktop application. On the other hand, if you rarely receive calls, then a web-based interface may be sufficient.
4. What features do you need?
The number of features offered by each help desk software varies greatly. Some help desk software offers basic call recording while others offer advanced features such as predictive dialing. It all depends on your needs.
5. How much money do you have to spend?
You can find free help desk software applications online but they lack certain features found in paid applications. For example, some free help desk software applications only allow users to create tickets. They do not support ticket management, email integration, or reporting.
Managed Help Desk Services
An MSP Help Desk Service can be used to support in several areas like – technical assistance, customer service, and remote access to your computer system. The managed help desk software will also offer you an online portal where you can manage all your tickets and requests. This software helps you to automate all your ticketing processes so you can focus on more important things such as growing your business.
A managed help desk is a great solution if you are looking for a cost-effective way to handle your customers’ issues without having to hire additional staff or spend time training them.
Service Desk: Definition, Types, and Benefits
The definition of a service desk is simple. A service desk is a place where people go to get help with problems that they encounter while using your products or services. The service desk is also known as a “Help desk” or a “Support Center. “
There are two types of service desks:
1. Self-Service – This refers to the ability of customers to handle issues themselves without having to contact a representative. This is typically achieved through self-service websites, automated phone systems, etc.
2. Contact Center – This involves customer representatives handling incoming calls from customers. In this case, the customer has no control over the resolution of the problem.
A good service desk helps solve problems quickly and efficiently. It provides a single point of contact for your customers, reduces costs, and improves productivity.
What Is Help Desk Software?
To better understand how help desk software works, let’s start at the beginning. What exactly is a help desk? A help desk is a centralized location where employees can report technical issues such as computer crashes, hardware failures, and other problems related to a particular product or service.
When someone encounters a problem, they usually call a help desk. The person calling in may have questions regarding the issue, or he/she may already know the answer. Either way, the caller needs to speak to a live agent.
When the caller reaches the help desk, the agent asks him/her some basic questions to determine if the problem is resolved. If not, the agent then takes action to resolve the issue. For example, the agent might ask the caller to send in a screenshot of his/her screen to confirm that the problem was fixed.
Once the agent resolves the problem, the caller receives a notification via email or text message. This allows the user to track the status of the issue.
The main purpose of a help desk is to provide a convenient place for users to get assistance. By centralizing all requests, agents can easily identify trends and patterns. They can also prioritize requests based on severity.
Help Desk Features
The most common features included in help desk applications are:
• Self Service Portal – Users can submit tickets directly from within the application itself. This eliminates the need for them to call a help desk.
• Ticketing System – Tickets can be submitted by email, fax, phone, or online.
• Priority Levels – Each ticket can be assigned one of several priority levels. These levels indicate the importance of the request.
• Email Notification – When an issue is resolved, an email alert will be sent to the requester so that he/she knows what happened.
• Reporting Tools – Reports can be generated to show the number of tickets opened per day, week, month, or year.
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Integration – Agents can use CRM tools to manage contacts and follow up with customers.
• Mobile Apps – Agents can access the help desk from anywhere using mobile apps.
Freelance Service Providers vs Companies
If you want to hire any freelance service provider you can choose one from Fiverr or Upwork. We recommend Fiverr because it’s the world’s largest marketplace where you can hire any Freelancer. Also the prices in which sellers offer services are very minimal which make it very effective for the buyers. Here are the top sellers that we recommend.
Managed Services Help Desk Companies like ExterNetworks
Help Desk Companies like ExterNetworks are also very popular and they understand that finding the best help desk software for your organization can be daunting. That’s why they take great care when selecting their vendors. ExterNetworks goal is to ensure that you will be satisfied with your choice.
They believe that choosing the right vendor is more about knowing what you need rather than simply picking the first company that comes along. When it comes to choosing a help desk solution, there are many factors to consider. Their process includes researching your requirements and customized solutions. They look forward to helping you select the perfect help desk software solution!
So now it depends on you if you prefer Help Desk Companies like ExterNetworks or Freelance service providers.
Get Premium Content For Free
Just put your email to get exclusive content!